To help those affected by Hurricane Irma stay in touch with family and friends and get important information and weather updates, Comcast is extending until September 20 its free access to more than 137,000 WiFi hotspots throughout Florida. The hotspots are available for anyone to use, including non-Xfinity customers.
How to connect:
- For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, which are located both indoor, in local businesses and outdoors in places such as shopping districts and parks and along roadways, visit xfinity.com/wifi.
- Go to the Settings on your cell phone, tablet or device and make sure WiFi access is enabled.
- If you are in range of an Xfinity hotspot, you will see “xfinitywifi” as an option in the list of available WiFi networks.
- Xfinity internet customers will be automatically connect or sign in with their usernames and passwords. Then they will be automatically connected to Xfinity WiFi hotspots in the future.
- Non-Xfinity customers should find and click on the “Not an Xfinity Internet Customer” section on the sign-in page. Enter your email address and zip code to connect. Non-customers can renew their complimentary sessions every 2 hours.
- The most effective way to get outage updates and information about Comcast services is to visit xfinity.com/MyAccount or to access the Xfinity My Account app from any secure, internet-enabled mobile device.
- If customers have electrical power but Xfinity service has not yet come back on, Comcast recommends that customers restart or reset devices, including wireless gateways, modems, routers and cable boxes.
- In some cases, customers may have power back but not their Xfinity services because commercial power has not been restored to our network in that area.
- We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone’s patience as we work to get everyone’s service back up as quickly as possible and as it is safe for our employees to do so.
- Customers can chat online with an agent or visit xfinity.com/Florida for more information.
- Using social media, customers can connect with Comcast on Twitter at @ComcastCares.