Comcast continues to work on restoration in the SW Florida area. There remains widespread power outages and significant damage in the Sebring and Naples areas. We also continue to restore pocket outages in these areas. This means that customers may have power restored but Xfinity services may still not be working. The reasons for this can include:
- Lack of commercial power to our nearby network, nodes, or amplifiers that provide Comcast services to that local area;
- Downed cables that connect buildings and individual homes to the network. This is a local issue not a network issue that we tackle;
- Physical damage to our local plant; creating a “pocket outage” within an area that has commercial power.
- Power surges that have damaged personal computers, modems and routers; or inside the home
What to do about damaged equipment and billing questions:
- We are working with customers on a case-by-case basis and will work with them to suspend their services suspended or request a credit. We will also we will replace any impaired or lost XFINITY equipment at no additional charge.
- We will not charge for an in- home appointment with a technician during recovery efforts.
- During our recovery efforts we have suspended late payment fees and suspended collections activity.
- We have waived trouble call charges, early termination fees, unreturned equipment fees, reactivation fees.