During its annual “Comcast Newsmakers” session in Tallahassee, the Comcast Florida Region team is hearing from six state elected officials about what they expect for the upcoming 2019 legislative session.
- Representative Vance Aloupis from Miami
- Representative Randy Fine from Brevard County
- Senator Audrey Gibson from Jacksonville
- Representative Evan Jenne from Hollywood
- Representative Barbara Watson from Miami
- Representative Jayer Williamson from Pace
The legislative session will begin on March 5, 2019.
Comcast also spoke with more than a dozen local elected, business and community leaders about a wide range of important issues impacting communities across Florida.
- Dominic Calabro, Board Member, Leadership Florida
- John Dailey, Mayor of Tallahassee
- Eric Friall, President, 100 Black Men of Tallahassee
- Saralyn Grass, Executive Director of the Association of Early Learning Coalitions
- Hank Hill, CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of Bay County
- Clay Ingram, CEO, Volunteer Florida
- David Jones, Founder, Florida Disabled Outdoors Association
- Natalie Kelly, CEO, Florida Association of Managing Entities
- Niki Kelly, Executive Director, Girls Inc. of Bay County
- Royle King, Executive Director and Nicholas Adams, Omega Lamplighters
- Molly Lord, Vice President of Resource Development for United Way of the Big Bend
- Rick Minor, Leon County Commissioner, District 3 and CEO, Second Harvest of the Big Bend
- Kevin Peters, Emergency Management Director, Leon County
- Brad Swanson, President & CEO, Florida Internet & Television
- Sharon Tyler, Executive Director, Capital Area Chapter, Red Cross
Comcast Newsmakers is the longest-running news and public affairs platform of any cable operator in the country. Having launched in 1990 with a single production unit near the nation’s capital, Comcast Newsmakers today includes a national edition, regional production serving select Comcast markets, and a growing digital presence.
Centrally focused on issue-based conversations, Comcast Newsmakers welcomes regional and national trailblazers to discuss ideas, assess community challenges and progress, and inspire meaningful action.