During its annual “Comcast Newsmakers” session in Tallahassee, the Comcast Florida Region team is hearing from six state elected officials about what they expect for the upcoming 2019 legislative session.
- Representative Vance Aloupis from Miami
- Representative Randy Fine from Brevard County
- Senator Audrey Gibson from Jacksonville
- Representative Evan Jenne from Hollywood
- Representative Barbara Watson from Miami
- Representative Jayer Williamson from Pace
The legislative session will begin on March 5, 2019.
Comcast also spoke with more than a dozen local elected, business and community leaders about a wide range of important issues impacting communities across Florida.
- Dominic Calabro, Board Member, Leadership Florida
- John Dailey, Mayor of Tallahassee
- Eric Friall, President, 100 Black Men of Tallahassee
- Saralyn Grass, Executive Director of the Association of Early Learning Coalitions
- Hank Hill, CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of Bay County
- Clay Ingram, CEO, Volunteer Florida
- David Jones, Founder, Florida Disabled Outdoors Association
- Natalie Kelly, CEO, Florida Association of Managing Entities
- Niki Kelly, Executive Director, Girls Inc. of Bay County
- Royle King, Executive Director and Nicholas Adams, Omega Lamplighters
- Molly Lord, Vice President of Resource Development for United Way of the Big Bend
- Rick Minor, Leon County Commissioner, District 3 and CEO, Second Harvest of the Big Bend
- Kevin Peters, Emergency Management Director, Leon County
- Brad Swanson, President & CEO, Florida Internet & Television
- Sharon Tyler, Executive Director, Capital Area Chapter, Red Cross
Comcast Newsmakers is the longest-running news and public affairs platform of any cable operator in the country. Having launched in 1990 with a single production unit near the nation’s capital, Comcast Newsmakers today includes a national edition, regional production serving select Comcast markets, and a growing digital presence.
Centrally focused on issue-based conversations, Comcast Newsmakers welcomes regional and national trailblazers to discuss ideas, assess community challenges and progress, and inspire meaningful action.
Segments are broadcast to Comcast customers on Xfinity On Demand, and to the general public at ComcastNewsmakers.com. Comcast Newsmakers is also on Twitter at @ComcastNewsmkrs.