As businesses across Florida prepare for severe weather, Comcast Business has tips to help customers prepare and stay connected.
First, Comcast Business customers can easily and quickly check the status of their services online through My Account or with the Comcast Business app.
In addition, business owners can follow these five steps to minimize the potential impact of severe weather on their operations:
- Enable Call Forwarding to receive business calls on your mobile device.
- Download the Comcast Business App to enable Be Anywhere. This allows you to make calls from your mobile device while still displaying the Caller ID of your business line.
- Ensure your battery backup is working so you can maintain Voice service during a power outage.
- Stay online by connecting to Xfinity WiFi hotspots.
- Sign in to My Account for status updates and to sign up to receive text alerts when the outage is resolved.
Emergency management procedures in Florida dictate that electricity must be restored first and Comcast must receive clearance that it is safe for our crews to begin any restoration work. Should Comcast Business customers experience a loss of service due to a power outage, local power must first be restored before video, phone or internet services can begin working again.
Once power has been restored, customers should reboot their modems.