Eight Black-owned small businesses in Tallahassee have been selected among the first round of Comcast RISE award recipients. Comcast RISE will help thousands of small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic over the next three years.
In addition, applications are now being accepted for the second phase of Comcast RISE. Eligibility has expanded to include Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)-owned, small businesses, including Hispanic-owned small businesses. They can apply at www.ComcastRISE.com.
The eight Tallahassee recipients are among 37 in Florida and more than 700 first round recipients from around the country that will receive consulting, media and creative production services from Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, or technology upgrades from Comcast Business, based on their specific needs.
One recipient is Oxford Learning Academy located at 2820 Sharer Road within All Nations Church. Owner Ashley Scott says the technology makeover the business is receiving will be extremely helpful, especially during the pandemic.
“As we progress through the effects of COVID-19, this technology makeover will assist us in preparing our preschool students for global success,” Scott said. “Technology is critical in laying the foundation for our preschoolers to compete in a global economic society, particularly during the pandemic, technology has provided so many outlets for our students to demonstrate creativity along with scholarship! We are looking forward to this technology makeover.”
The other Tallahassee recipients include:
- A1 Top Notch Security, which will receive media & advertising services
- B-EZ Graphix, which will receive media & advertising services
- Blissful Dental Spa, which will receive a technology makeover
- Ellis Prints, which will receive a technology makeover
- Francejcreationz, which will receive a technology makeover
- Renee Alliance Group, which will receive media & advertising services
- TruWaste Cleaning Solutions, which will receive media & advertising services
The first phase of Comcast RISE, which stands for “Representation, Investment, Strength and Empowerment,” focused on U.S. Black-owned, small businesses, those hit hardest by the pandemic according to a recent study from the National Bureau of Economic Research. Comcast RISE brings together two of the company’s brands —Comcast Business and Effectv, both with expertise in the small business space — to empower business owners with the expertise and resources needed to navigate the economic effects of the pandemic.
Comcast RISE consists of the following main components:
- A media and technology resources program: This pillar combines Effectv’s renowned media platform and marketing expertise, its award-winning creative agency, Mnemonic, and state-of-the-art technical support from Comcast Business to help small businesses foster and elevate growth. Recipients will receive help with their marketing, media campaigns and creation of 30-second commercials, as well as equipment and technology upgrades, including:
- Consulting:Advertising and marketing consultations with local Effectv marketing, research and creative teams to gain insights on how to grow your business.
- Media:A linear TV media campaign to run over a 90-day period.
- Creative Production:Turnkey :30 TV commercial production for their businesses.
- Technology Makeovers:Computer equipment and Internet, Voice and Cybersecurity services for up to a 12-month period. (Taxes and other fees may still apply for tech makeover services.)
- Business resources to help with curated content: Comcast has launched the Comcast RISE destination complete with aggregated small business news, tips, insights and more on the X1 platform. The destination is designed to help businesses grow by empowering them through education, inspiration and entertainment. Just say “Comcast RISE” into the X1 voice remote.
- Grants: In early 2021, Comcast will be awarding grants of up to $10,000 each for U.S.-based small and diverse businesses that have been in operations for three to five years.
Comcast RISE is part of a larger $100 million Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative that Comcast launched this summer. In June, Comcast NBCUniversal announced the development of a comprehensive, multiyear plan to allocate $75 million in cash and $25 million in media over the next three years to fight injustice and inequality against any race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or ability.
Visit www.ComcastRISE.com for more information and to apply.