New Comcast Business Gateway delivers faster speeds, improved protection and best-in-class WiFi coverage
April 18, 2022 — The Comcast Business Gateway, the next generation Advanced Gateway and the company’s first WiFi-6 certified device capable of delivering true multi-gigabit speeds to provide superior WiFi connectivity to businesses, is now available across Florida.
Comcast Business’s most powerful WiFi device to date, the gateway harnesses the innovation behind Comcast’s highly-acclaimed xFi Advanced Gateway – which offers the best in-home WiFi experience – and applies it for today’s connected workplace to make next-gen speeds a widespread reality.
“Florida business owners have already made our state’s economy the fourth largest in the country. As these companies continue to grow, our customers demand a high-performance technology solution that can be their workhorse – and their racehorse,” said Rich Rollins, Vice President of Business Services for Comcast’s Florida Region. “The new Comcast Business Gateway delivers what our Florida business customers need: faster and more reliable wireless connectivity, more capacity and unmatched security for their business, their customers and employees.”
The Comcast Business Gateway is designed to reduce WiFi interference and increase bandwidth to power the most connected businesses of tomorrow. Customer benefits and key features of the next-generation gateway include:
- Unprecedented range – Designed for high-performance business users to handle more capacity and faster speeds, including 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands and Gig over WiFi to connect up to 150 devices – more than ever before.
- Instant Internet for business – Ultra-low lag time for those moments when response times matter most like unrivaled cloud computing, videoconferencing and file transfers.
- Static IP features – Enables always-on services for clients and employees, even outside of the business’ network, with additional subscriptions.
- Built-in SecurityEdge – With a SecurityEdge subscription, the gateway automatically protects all connected devices at the gateway level from malware and other cybersecurity threats.
- Designed with businesses in mind – Features multiple voice ports, a built-in Ethernet switch with two multi-gig ports, eight-hour battery backup for Comcast Business Voice service, and an industrial design that gives a business flexibility by allowing for wall, rack, and desktop mounting.
The new gateway reinforces Comcast Business’s commitment to providing the best business WiFi experience with the fastest speeds, advanced security protection and broad coverage to elevate and protect today’s businesses.
The Comcast Business Gateway was built on Comcast’s global technology platform, that enables the company to connect and entertain millions of people to amazing moments and experiences. The new gateway will join the more than 75 million Comcast broadband and streaming devices running on this state-of-the-art platform in the United States and abroad.