Storms and other severe weather are major threats to the region, and at Comcast we want to ensure we equip you with the most up to date information to keep you connected to what matters most.
While we always hope we can avoid major storms, we recommend taking a few easy steps to help you stay connected, even in bad weather.
Start by downloading our free mobile apps:
Xfinity My Account — Get updates on outages and report service interruptions.
Xfinity Stream — View live TV, get weather updates, and download shows and movies beforehand to watch offline in case you lose power.
Xfinity WiFi Hotspots — Xfinity Internet customers can access millions of Xfinity WiFi hotspots available nationwide.
Stay up to date in real time about your service.
If the weather becomes severe enough, we may send you a text alert with information about service interruptions or with tips for restoring your service. Visit My Account and make sure your phone number is added. – Add your mobile number
Here are a few additional helpful tips and safety precautions:
- Customers should plug TV’s, modems, and cable boxes into a surge protector to protect them from damage in case of lightning or a sudden power outage.
- Emergency management procedures dictate that electricity must be restored first and Comcast must receive clearance that it is safe for our crews to begin any restoration work. Should customers experience a loss of service due to a power outage, local power must first be restored before Xfinity video, phone or internet services can begin working again.
- If customers have electricity but not Xfinity services, Comcast recommends that customers restart or reset devices, including wireless gateways, modems, routers, and cable boxes.
- In some cases, customers may have power back but not their Xfinity services because commercial power has not been restored to our network in their area.
- Customers should always stay clear of downed power and cable lines in the interest of safety.
- Keep your phone batteries charged.
- Keep your phone dry.
- Make sure all your emergency contact numbers and emails are programmed into your phone.
- Forward your home phone number to your mobile number so that all emergency calls reach you.
- During the storm, text instead of calling—texts require fewer network resources.
We’re committed to helping you stay connected to what’s most important to you — this summer, and all year round.
Click HERE to find out how to connect to XFINITY WiFi Hotspots.