Expansion Helps Bridge the Digital Divide and Brings Broadband to New Communities
Comcast is accelerating the nation’s largest and fastest multi-gig deployment and announced today that it is expanding the Xfinity 10G Network to Dothan and surrounding areas in Houston and Henry Counties to reach an additional 5,000 homes and businesses.
The expansion includes areas in Dothan east of Ross Clark Circle and Route 431, as well as parts of Ashford, Cottonwood, Cowarts, Headland, Kinsey, and Webb.
While Comcast has been serving Dothan since the early 1990s, this expansion is bringing high-speed Internet services to some areas for the first time – and will do so on the broadband network that is being built to power the rapid rise in Internet consumption today and in the future. Dothan will become the newest community to roll out these Xfinity 10G Network enhancements, setting the stage for the introduction of new symmetrical multi-gigabit Internet options that can be delivered across Comcast’s existing networks with less cost later this year.
Residents should visit Xfinity.com/MyTown and enter their addresses to get additional details on services and when they will be available at their homes.
For more information, residents can also visit Comcast’s Customer Service Center in Dothan at 557 S Oates St, which is open Monday-Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
“Houston County is very thankful for Comcast’s increased investment in our community,” said Chairman of the Houston County Commission Brandon Shoupe. “Their continued commitment to provide fast, reliable broadband to our citizens brings us closer to ensuring every citizen in Houston County has this increasingly necessary service.”
Comcast’s network and Internet experience are powering homes and businesses today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products, and symmetrical gig speeds are planned to come to the first homes later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get WiFi coverage with a powerful Xfinity WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network. The company recently launched Storm-Ready WiFi, a new device that comes equipped with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
Internet Essentials, Comcast’s signature digital equity initiative and the nation’s largest and most comprehensive broadband adoption program will be offered locally as well. Internet Essentials provides in-home Internet access for $9.95 for qualified households, plus multiple options to access online digital literacy and skills training. Qualified households may be eligible to have the cost of their monthly home Internet service paid for through the Federal Communication Commission’s (FCC) Affordability Connectivity Program (ACP). For more information on Internet Essentials and the ACP, visit www.internetessentials.com or call 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376).
“Comcast has served the Dothan community for many years, and we are thrilled to be able to significantly expand our network throughout this area,” said Jeff Buzzelli, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Florida Region. “Internet access is vital in today’s increasingly digital world. Pursuing employment opportunities, learning new job skills, staying informed, even receiving medical care via telehealth require a fast, reliable Internet connection. Comcast is proud to be making this investment in southeast Alabama to support residents and local businesses.”
For area businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless, and managed solutions. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses. For Comcast Business, interested customers should contact Sales Manager Jimmy Milton at 850-491-7272 or email@example.com.
Visit Xfinity to learn more about Comcast’s products and services.