With Winter Storm Grayson impacting the North Florida and Southern Georgia area, Xfinity services could be affected due to severe weather conditions, please be aware that this could be the result of a local public power outage and/or damage to our network that serves your neighborhood. We will work as quickly and safely as possible to restore your service, but please be aware that we typically must wait for local power companies to first restore power to your neighborhood and allow our teams into the area to repair our network. It is possible that power could be restored to your home but the e Xfinity network serving your neighborhood is still affected, preventing Xfinity services from working. Local public power must also be restored at your home before Xfinity services can work properly.
The most effective way for you to get outage updates for your area and information about your Comcast service is to visit www.xfinity.com/MyAccount or use the My Account app on your secure, Internet-enabled mobile device. Within My Account, you can opt-in for a free one-time text alert to receive a text message once service in your area has been restored. Comcast Business customers can visit www.business.comcast.com/MyAccount or use the Comcast Business App.
The following are service and safety tips for our customers during severe weather events:
• The most effective way to get outage updates and information about Comcast services is to visit www.Xfinity.com/MyAccount or to access the Xfinity My Account app from any secure, internet-enabled mobile device.
• If customers have electrical power but Xfinity service has not yet come back on, Comcast recommends that customers restart or reset devices, including wireless gateways, modems, routers and cable boxes.
• Customers should unplug their equipment or use a surge protector to plug in TVs, modems and cable boxes so that when power is restored, those devices aren’t damaged by power surges.
• Customers should always stay clear of downed power and cable lines in the interest of safety.
• Customers can chat online with an agent or visit www.customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support. Using social media, customers can connect with Comcast on Twitter at @ComcastCares. For additional tips and information, visit stormready.xfinity.com.